‘Yay, I win I win!’
Today, the London Olympics will begin with the opening ceremonies. I have been excited about it and made this Olympics themed bento for my 3 and 5 year old girls last week. I told them it’s the chance for the world to come together and experienced each other’s culture through sports (they don’t really understand what I’m saying though hahaha).
Since I needed 3 faces as the winners, I thought I should have all of them in different colours. Too ambitious and I ended up making myself too busy with nothing. Worse is, couldn’t tell the difference from the pictures.
1. Stir fry the rice with ketchup + onion = for pink face
2. Stir fry the rice with soy sauce + onion = for brown face
How to make this?
Tools: Scissor, Toothpick, Nori, Food picks (optional).
Ingredients: Rice, Nori sheet (seaweed), Cheese slice, 1 tsp Mayonnaise.
1. Use cling wrap to shape the rice.
2. Cut out nori for the hair, eyes, mouth and other details you wanted to ‘colour’ it black.
3. Used toothpick to draw the shape of the award on the cheese slice.
4. Dip toothpick with some mayonnaise to transfer and glue the nori on the rice balls.
5. Decorate the bento as you wish.
Hope you like this Olympics themed bento.
-enjoy the games-
Posted by eatzybitzy | Filed under Bento, Home
≈ 18 Comments